Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oh Winter Where Art Thou?

Is it just me or does it feel like Spring already? I have not had enough cold yet and for about a week now I am not wearing any coat at all. 

Anyway,  hubby and I went to Aspen, CO for our mini-honeymoon last November and it was amazing! It was mini because we were only able to manage 6 days from our busy schedules.
What I am wearing: Top by Zara; Jeans by 7 for All Mankind; Sunnies by Cole Haan

Hubby and I stayed at the exclusive Viceroy Resort in SnowMass. The staff at Viceroy were amazing! From Stewart who welcomed us at the resort to the valet attendants who showed us the best spots to eat and see, our concierge who booked our couple's massages to Ryan, the manager, at Eight K restaurant and his staff. We will stay there again in a heartbeat!

these were waiting in our room...
The resort was nothing short of fabulous. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with 2 full baths and we loved everything about it.
the bedroom with HUGE walk in closet and fire place
The decor was modern yet cozy.

fully loaded kitchen with Viking appliances, espresso machine, ...
... and the view from our room was spectacular!

the view from our room was like a scene from a Thomas Kincade art

lunch at Eight K restaurant
We were watching American Idol last night (yes hubby watched it with me) - and they did the auditions in Aspen. If you watched the show last night, you probably noticed how beautiful the view was where the lake at the foot of the 2 snow-capped mountains was shown. That was Maroon Bells - the most photographed scene in Colorado.



This picture was taken by Ultimate Taxi in late September last year. This scene was Ryan Seacrest's background last night.

Maroon Bells in the late Summer by Ultimate Taxi
GG and I went in November last year and this was how it looked:
Maroon Bells taken November 2011
Amazing isn't it? We were in awe of mother nature's beauty. Imagine it in fall when the leaves turn and the mountains reflected in the lake...

on our way up to Maroon Bells... freezing my toosh!   (What I was wearing: sweater from Anthropologie; jeans by 7 for all Mankind; boots by Via Spiga and Sunnies by Cole Haan)
with hubby at Maroon Bells
Okay, so this post has gotten longer than I intended it to be. But I hope you get the picture =))
I will post more on Aspen in the coming week.

In the mean time, enjoy winter, or what's left of it.

PS. Don't forget to join my Shabby Apple dress giveaway. It will end this weekend!

xoxo,
Tey

Note: All pictures are freeteyme's property unless noted. Please do not use without permission. TY!

7 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Looks wonderful! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

OMG...It's gorgeous! Sounds like a pretty fabulous mini honeymoon to me! Thanks so much for becoming a Rosebud...xoxo

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
I adore Aspen!
Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pics!

xoxox,
CC

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

Jenny said...

That looks amazing! I am definitely going to have to go now. I am a flight attendant and we fly in there, so I really have no excuse not to. Great pictures!
Modern Modest Beauty

drollgirl said...

what a beautiful spot to visit! love the pics and hope you two had a blast!

Angela said...

wow soooo pretty. i love the hotel as well. ah... time for another getaway.

Shopping Resources

Mango French Connection Limited Exclusive Deals on Designer Brands, Accessories, and Home Decor from BeyondtheRack.com. Invitation Code: HOLIDAY2012 - 234x60 DERMAdoctor Skincare LT - 090909 - 120x90 Logo 1-800-PetMeds