Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

It's the Nth Anniversary of my 29th birthday!

EkMek is a “Kataifi” shredded phyllo dough with walnuts, custard crème
and whipped topping



August is a very special month for us.We are celebrating 4 birthdays in our family. My husband, my two step sons and myself have our birthdays about 5 days apart.

My eldest step son, who lives on his own now, celebrated his 19th birthday. He is maturing into a fine young man.

My husband celebrated his big 4-0.They say 40 is the new 30. He does not look his age though, don't you think?
on me: Trina Turk dress for Banana Republic; on hubby: J Crew shirt


Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 7
We had a modest party at a Greek Restaurant that has belly dancers and Greek line dancing (I don't know what it is called - but it is similar to what you see in the movies where they all hold hands and go around the room dancing) and napkins thrown into the air. So much fun!

A birthday would not be complete without presents. Hubby likes watches, last Christmas I gave him a Raymond Weil watch. For his 40th birthday I got him a classic Tag Heuer watch. So happy that he loves it!

 
Then there was mine, another year added to what I would like to think as my wisdom.When asked how old I was, I replied without batting my eyelashes, "I am celebrating the Nth anniversary of my 29th birthday!".  Now, doesn't that sound so much better? ha! To celebrate, I enjoyed a simple and intimate dinner with my husband, mom and dad at Maggiano's. I love their calamari, their pasta, Tiramisu of course, and their service is always good. The chef gave us lemon cookies and fresh pasta to-go. 


Here's a little bit of trivia - Filipino birthdays are celebrated with noodles being served to signify long life. It is also traditional that whoever celebrates their birthday is the one who takes everyone out to eat (and pays) as a sign of gratitude for the year that passed. Now, I prefer the American tradition where everyone else treats the birthday celebrant =))
on me: Ann Taylor dress and Vincent Camuto necklace; on hubby: Banana Republic shirt
Oh happy, happy, happy! My birthday gift from hubby is another Louis!
The Verona PM in Damier Ebene Canvas available here
Now, don't you think I have a keeper? *wink*wink*

My youngest step son's 10th birthday is this weekend and we are throwing him a skate board/swimming party. I have tons of projects for his birthday that I can't wait to share with everyone.

I hope you are all having a great week!

xoxo,
Tey

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Love your birthday gift!

Amy
Leopard and Lillies

Shopping Resources

Mango French Connection Limited Exclusive Deals on Designer Brands, Accessories, and Home Decor from BeyondtheRack.com. Invitation Code: HOLIDAY2012 - 234x60 DERMAdoctor Skincare LT - 090909 - 120x90 Logo 1-800-PetMeds