Pages

Friday, May 01, 2009

Leonello Borghi Luna Purse

I've heard about Leonello Borghi and his creations from a guy friend. He has one of his guy totes (yup a tote) and the leather was so soft and luxurious. Intrigued by how his collection for women looked like, I went to his website and loved the Luna purse. It has the Birkin look but at a fraction of the price. I searched for stores that carries it here but was unsuccessful. I later found out that his bags for women are only sold from exclusive boutiques.

So, I was surprised to see it on Gilt today. This will be my first one so I am really excited. If the quality is the same as my friend's tote then I know I made a good choice. Besides, the Gilt price was too good to resist.

The Spring/Summer '09 collection of the Luna purse comes in 3 colors - green, white and black. I wanted the green one but the practical side of me thought the white will be more classic and the color will be spot on since the color online may not truly represent the actual one. (Truth is I kinda wish I got the green one instead of the white =( oh well )


Luna Medium Tote


What do you think of the purse lovelies? Do you have one (or more) of Leonello Borghi's creations? Do you love it? Hate it? I'd love to hear what you think.

Happy Friday lovelies!

*** all pictures in this post from GILT groupe

Update: To those of you asking, this is what the green purse looks like.

28 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

so perfect for spring and summer! :)

Dingo said...

I went to the web site to check out the green one. Oh, wow. I can see why you were torn about which one to get. They are both scrumptious. It's like trying to choose between Sawyer and Jack, or pancakes and waffles, paper or plastic. Well, maybe not that last one.

agus said...

Gosh, what a wonderful bag! I would like to have that bag :>

Unknown said...

wow, that is an incredibly gorgeous bag. truth be told, i've never really been a bags person? but once in awhile i encounter something truly spectacular and this is one of those times.:)

good choice! have a lovely week!


much love


eden

Anna said...

It's a beauty but somehow I don't like white bags.

Maxie said...

not bad! but i would like it better in an other color xxx

annechovie said...

What a gorgeous bag! Thanks for your comment and visit to my blog - have a wonderful wknd!

Couture Carrie said...

So gorgeous! Congrats, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Becca. said...

thats a gorgeous bag!
xx

Becca. said...

oh would you like to swap links ? xx

Aline said...

oooooooooooooh, I love it....great choice!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

that green bag is so funky!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

AsianCajuns said...

Ooo that is gorgeous! I think you made a brilliant choice and I can't wait to see how you wear it. It's very classic and looks like it will go with everything!

Lisa said...

Ooh great bag! Such a classic investment piece. I personally like the white better (although maybe the green looks better IRL...it's hard to tell from that photo).

Ashley said...

I really like the white one, I definitely think you made the right choice! And congrats on your first Gilt purchase, it's kind of addicting right? Lol, but in a good way, bc you're getting great deals!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

b-chic said...

beautiful bag, I think you are going to use it a lot, maybe in the white color is easier to match and not tire you in the long run, the green color I think it is more a fashion color of this year and next year.

Angela said...

Oh I like all the details. lovely.

J said...

oh wow! its nice! quite classic and stylish! thanks for stopping by, love the blog, you have the best outfits!

Andhari said...

DAYUMMM it does looklike a birkin, i wonder if they have one in red. *drool*

This chick's got style said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog!
I actually think that the white one is the better pick! It is very classy and white goes with pretty much every color!
Curious to see it in your own pictures.
x!

casual cutie said...

i love that white bag. so cute...

jasmine said...

i love it!! i probably would have wanted the green one too. but you're probably right about the color possibly being misrepresented online. white is always gorgeous!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

i want to move to the US!! that green bag is so calling out to me :)

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Incredible!!

It reminds me a bit of Hermes Birkin with the side straps!

Bisous,
La C.

Winnie said...

This bag would look ace in tan!

Unknown said...

she's so pretty! go get her!

isabelle said...

goregeous! Love the green one!

Unknown said...

how pretty - it's like a cooler version of the Hermes Birkin!
xox

Shopping Resources

Mango French Connection Limited Exclusive Deals on Designer Brands, Accessories, and Home Decor from BeyondtheRack.com. Invitation Code: HOLIDAY2012 - 234x60 DERMAdoctor Skincare LT - 090909 - 120x90 Logo 1-800-PetMeds