Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Look: the Wrap Dress

Happy St. Patricks day!

The pictures were taken tonight, after dinner. I should probably take pictures in the morning when the light is so much better or I can grab the manual and read the camera's features =). But for now, I'll have to make do with these =(

March172009 045 (1)

what i am wearing:
wrap dress: Banana Republic
shoes: Manolo Blahnik (on sale here)
accessories: gold/pearl necklace and earrings,
multiple gold, black and white pearls and black crystal bracelets
bag: Adrienne Vittadini

I am not a big fan of the wrap dress - I always think that it will only look good on women with curvier body type which I obviously do not have. But then I thought "why not give it a try?". So this dress was one of my weekend shopping purchase. I liked the black and beige color and the pattern is subtle. Instead of wearing black pumps, I opted to wear nude shoes and nude tote bag. I kept the accessories minimal and simple.

Trivia: DVF designed the very first wrap dress in 1973 (more )

Is there a fashion trend or style that you shy away from?

13 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

i really want a wrap dress!! i neve never tried one on so i have no idea how it would look on me but i just love the put it on and look so put together look with no effort

Couture Carrie said...

So beautiful!!

xoxox,
CC

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

what a lovely dress! perfect for spring :)

Anonymous said...

Cute dress!

Anonymous said...

that wrap dress looks fabulous on you, darling! You have gorgeous hair :-)

Lisa said...

You look fantastic!

P.S. Slumdog Millionaire is fantastic--definitely worth seeing!

Aline said...

That dress is so pretty....I love your hair!!!

Little Bow Prep said...

I think that the wrap dress looks great on you!

Personally, I'm a tad short. Wrap dresses always look like curtains on me.

Unknown said...

i love slumdog, been watching it for many times now, and now that you've mention it, am gonna watch it again later, specially that i love to dance on the credit part. hihi. shhhhh, husband doesn't know about that.

btw, thanks for the comment, it's so sweet of you.

agus said...

I really love wrap dresses, I have 5 or 6 of them :-) They are very comfortable and womanly. You look very good in your dress and so romantic :-)

freeteyme said...

Thanks lovelies, you are all so sweet!

@Lisa and Denise: Ok, now I'm convinced. I'll see if we can watch it this weekend. =)

Alice X said...

wrap dresses are eternal:)


alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

you look fab! i do love wrap dresses although I don't think I can pull them off as well as other women do.

Shopping Resources

Mango French Connection Limited Exclusive Deals on Designer Brands, Accessories, and Home Decor from BeyondtheRack.com. Invitation Code: HOLIDAY2012 - 234x60 DERMAdoctor Skincare LT - 090909 - 120x90 Logo 1-800-PetMeds