Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Look: Ink on Paper and an Award!

I was floored by what I got in my email the other night from the awesome, soooo cool and very talented Dakota of Dakota's Journal.

Sketch

Thank you Dakota! I love, love, love, love it!!!!
Check out his blog to see more of his awesome work!

Click June022009 023 to see the inspiration for my ink on paper look ;-) ...

I also got this award a while back from the darling Little Bow Prep whose blog I adore...

cutes blogger award

As a rule, I need to list 10 random facts about me:

1. I'm a techie (nice way of saying a geek). I have an engineering undergrad and I work for an IT company. BUT, I am a geek who loves shoes and fashion ha ha

My Office

2. I have 2 awesome siblings, who I love to death and are my best friends. We all live in different states so it's a little difficult to get us all three in the same picture.

09062006 - Noah 1st Birthday (75)3Mariasbugs
**update: wearing 3D glasses here (@Disney World)


3. I'm a member of the local church choir. I love to sing, I can remember most lyrics but I am bad at remembering the artist or the title of the song. =P

07Dec19 - Christmas Cantata (167)

4. I love watching movies. Friday nights are usually movie nights. Recent movies we saw were GI Joe (I surprisingly enjoyed) and The Time Traveler's wife which was just okay for me.

The TIme Traveler's Wife

5. I have an extreme personality. I can be very social or withdrawn. Is that typical of a Leo?

6. I'm a product of an all girl's Catholic school until high school.

SRC Batch 1990
**update: can you guess where I am here?


7. I enjoy pilates and Zumba. After all the eating I did this week, I definitely need to start working out again.

8. I'm almost 5'11" tall when I'm wearing heels.

9. I enjoy throwing and hosting parties.

10. I love the beach but I don't like the sun. Weird isn't it? Specially since I lived in the tropics most of my life and migrated to the sunshine state where the beach is only a few minutes drive. =)

I am passing this award to the following (not just) cute and uber cool blogs:
1. Dakota's Journal
2. Bon Bon Rose
3. Savvy Mode
4. Just a Girl in the City
5. Oh Mishka
6. Fashion Bananas
7. Breakfast at Saks
8. Midtown Girl9. Marian Kihogo
10. As I was Saying

The rule:
• Each blogger must post these rules.
• Each blogger must list ten random facts/habits about themselves and pass the award on to other recipients.
• The award recipients then need to do the same.
• Don't forget to leave a comment telling the recipients about the award!



29 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Thanks lady!! What a gorgeous sketch of you!!

Elizabeth Marie said...

OMG amazing sketch!!! How fun!

If you're a geek, I don't want to be cool..haha

congrats on the award! XO

The Sydney Girl said...

he did a fantastic job!!! :)
xxx

DAKOTA RICO said...

You're so welcome my lovely. Glad to have surprised you on your birthday!!! :)

Have a fabulous week! Hope you enjoyed your weekend! It's 11:31am here in New Zealand, and I'm not working at all today. I'm just hanging in the apartment doing my designs!

Love,

DAKOTA RICO XOXO

p.s Thanks for putting me in your uber cool blog list in this entry, touched me!

Unknown said...

Dakota, your artistic rendition is straight on! Beautiful!

Kelly said...

That sketch is amazing!!!! i love it!!!

and thank you so much for my award...that was so sweet of you :)

Lisa said...

Congrats on the award and the beautiful sketch!

Ashley said...

Wow, beautiful sketch! And thank you so much for choosing me! Wow I hope I can think of 10 random facts about myself.. the pressure is on! :)

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

beautiful sketch! and congrats on your award! I think it's great that you are in IT and love fashion and shoes. I work in the IT industry and I know that there aren't many of us!

www.janetteria.com said...

Congrats on Ur award and I love Dakota! :-)

XoXo

Brigadeiro said...

Gorgeous drawing!

Loved reading the 10 things about you! We have lots in common, including being one of 3 sisters, and being a Leo! :)

Midtown Girl said...

Thank you so much for the award darling!!

WOW - how awesomely chic is that sketch of you...unreal. I've always been in love with sketch work and this is just lovely!

ps - I adore your handbag ;-)

XOXO

Couture Carrie said...

What a lovely rendering of you!
And you and your siblings are gorgeous!

xoxox,
CC

modediktat said...

OMG - I LOOOOOOVE DAKOTA'S DRAWING OF YOU!
He is so lovely and talented - AMAZING!

Congrats on your award, dear!! Very well deserved :-D

I enjoey reading youor ten facts about you.
What a beautiful family you are - I like the picture of you and your siblings so very much. What a fantastic group picture with the sunglasses on!! :)
My sister and me were very close to. Unfortunately she had to left us in last year and I'm trying to find a way through it, everyday. Nothing and nobody could fill her place at all, never...

No 4 - that's also my favorite time for watching movies.
No 5 - hehe, that's what they're all saying about Gemini usually (like I am)
No 6 - where are you there? :)

Will add you to my blogroll today. Your blog is always so much pleasure!

Enjoy the week!!
xoxo sofie

Ela said...

What a lovely sketch! Congratulations on the award and I so loved reading your 10 things. I wish I could sing - and 5'11"...eek, not even in my dreams, you lucky gal :)

Marian said...

oh i love that sketch of you! how lovely.how wonderful that you have such pretty sisters.lovely post!
x
Marian

DS said...

heehee, I love being a closet geek, I feel the same way, LOL. How cool is it that you sing in your church choir? I like to imagine I can sing... : )

Haute World said...

That sketch is stunning! What a lovely gift :) And thanks for sharing those 10 things... I can relate to being completely social or wanting to withdraw - and I'm not even a Leo! Hope you had a great weekend!

micol zanzuri said...

love the drowing!

Angela said...

thank you my dear. i wish i can be 5'11" in normal heels.

E said...

Congratulations on your awards!

Unknown said...

how are you?! totally been a long time and i missed dropping by! the sketch of you is fantastic.:) and kudos on the awards.. i appreciated knowing more about you!

much love

eden

Becca. said...

gorgeous sketch of you :)
thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
glad you've been having a good summer.



XOXO BECCA.

Ash Fox said...

i love that drawing!

.. i am an aries but i have a similar personality.

x
www.tittees.blogspot.com

Andhari said...

You aand your sisters : What an attractive bunch!:)

Little Bow Prep said...

Fab drawing!

Thanks for doing the award!

5'11" ?!? I'm barely 5'5" with heels! Oh, and your family is quite gorgeous.

Human Racing said...

Very cool drawing. You and your sisters look so pretty!

Nicole Marie said...

oh the sketch is gorgeous!!! so so gorgeous!

i have a thing for hand drawn things.

♥ Marta ♥ said...

Oooh WOW.... that sketch is amazing!

I love this post, it is always great getting to know your fellow bloggers. I am like you, I love the beach and hate the sun :)

Shopping Resources

Mango French Connection Limited Exclusive Deals on Designer Brands, Accessories, and Home Decor from BeyondtheRack.com. Invitation Code: HOLIDAY2012 - 234x60 DERMAdoctor Skincare LT - 090909 - 120x90 Logo 1-800-PetMeds