Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Mother's Love




Dear Mom,

I thank God for you. Everything I know about life I learned from how you live your life and how you and dad brought us up. 

We were never rich growing up. We didn't have all the luxuries in the world. But I want you to know I never felt inadequate. What we were lacking in material possessions, you and dad more than made up for in love and affection. I have nothing but happy memories of my childhood because of you.

Thank you for sacrificing so much for the family. Thank you for instilling in us the value of hard work. I witnessed how you and dad worked hard just so you can send us to school. And for that I thank you. You made me dream big because of that. Without you knowing, I worked hard so that I can make you and dad proud. And I hope I do mom. I hope I make you proud. I am who I am now because of you and dad.

Thank you for trusting the way you brought us up, for trusting the values you have instilled in us. Because of that, you allowed me to make my own decisions trusting that I will do what is right. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but you made sure that you were there to catch me when I fall. I remember when I had my worst heartbreak, you were the first person I ran to. You cried with me the whole afternoon and somehow your hug made me feel ok. 

Thank you for allowing me to follow my dreams. You were my biggest supporter and my best cheerleader.  

We argue, we fight, we have different opinions about certain things. You may not agree with some of the things I choose to do but at the end of the day I know your love for me will always be steadfast. I will never forget when you told me that your role as a mother doesn't stop just because we have our own lives now. That being a mom is a lifetime commitment. And you know what mom? I wouldn't want it any other way. I want you in my life for as long as you can. Even forever, if that is possible.

There are times when only your love can understand my tears, can soothe my disappointments and calm my fears. There are times when only your faith in me drives me and inspires in me the confidence I need to go through the rough patches in my life.

Your capacity to love is indescribable. And I know that as long as you're here, I have nothing to fear because 
I will have a person in my corner, always.

We love you mom. And when the time comes that I become a mom,  I hope to even be as half as great of a mom as you are to us.
 
Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you with all my heart.


Then
Now
xoxo,
Coco 



No comments:

Shopping Resources

Mango French Connection Limited Exclusive Deals on Designer Brands, Accessories, and Home Decor from BeyondtheRack.com. Invitation Code: HOLIDAY2012 - 234x60 DERMAdoctor Skincare LT - 090909 - 120x90 Logo 1-800-PetMeds