Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Look: Black and White

April1152009 004 (2)

what I am wearing:
double breasted swing jacket: Anthropologie

black.white striped tank: Banana Republic
jeans: Paige (seen here)
patent flats: Bally (Styleflex)
plaid bag: Ralph Lauren
accessories: silver mini hoop earrings, multiple silver bangles, black bangles and cuff (also here)



The following picture is my failed attempt not to smile =)

April1152009 001 (2)

I am not a big fan of the swing jacket but I love the girlie silhouette and the rolled puff sleeves of this one. It is made of cotton too which made it perfect for spring.

These Bally flats are one of the most comfortable patents I own. They are so soft and so flexible. You can never go wrong with their shoes in terms of comfort. The styles are a little more conservative but they are coming up with really good designs now. Just look at this one that I am drooling over. I remember back when I got my first salary from my very first job, I spent most of it buying gifts for my parents. The gift I got my dad was a pair of Bally shoes =) .

I also toyed with the idea of combining the stripes with plaid thus the bag. This is probably considered vintage now since I do not see RL making this old signature pattern of his. Plus I like its boxy shape so I kept it all these years.




April1152009 007 (3)

Finals is next week and I have a lot of studying to do. So, I volunteered (ha ha) my sister Coco to do the post for me. She's more than just a fashionista she's also an amazing writer! ( She reads my blog so I'm hoping that was enough to convince her to do it ;-) ). As my 3 year old nephew puts it when he wants something - "Love you Coco!"

I am also dreaming of Cabo right now (blogged about it here) and the Bahamas Cruise. Unfortunately, it will have to wait until after summer. I also feel guilty spending in this economy specially with no clear picture of when it will recover. Knowing that a lot of people out there are penny-pinching does not help me get in the mood either. As the old saying goes, save up for the rainy day.

What about you lovelies? What are you doing this weekend? Have you started planning your summer vacation? Would you rather save up or go?


I hope you're having a great week lovelies!

36 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Love this combo, darling! The cuffed jeans are fantastic!

xoxox,
CC

Tiffany said...

you look so cute! this is one of my favorite looks on you.

Nicole Marie said...

super super cute! you look very french :)

www.janetteria.com said...

I love Ur combo so chic and classy! :)

XoXo

Sara said...

Love it! You look fabulous and I adore the jacket.
p.s. thanks for stopping by my blog

Aline said...

you look so cute! I love the stripes!

Little Bow Prep said...

Lovely outfit. I adore the bag!

Unknown said...

so cute! I love the stripes popping out! ...so funny ..on smiling: if I set up the camera, I can do straight face shots but if someone is taking it of me, I can't help but smile ...I start giggling!

Mai said...

fab silhouette (spelling?) and monochrome rocks -chic and classy ;-)

Andhari said...

I have that striped tank. Looking good, girly! Sooo rock n rolla.

♥ Marta ♥ said...

This is such a perfect look :) You look amazing :

Andrea Eames said...

Hi there! Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it. :)

I'd love to be on your blogroll! I'll add you too when I update my links on the weekend.

Andrea xx

Ashley said...

This outfit is perfection, I love everything about it! You look fab!

This chick's got style said...

Thanks for your sweet comment <3!
I like the outfit, very clean, classy and cute!

x!
yara from thischicksgotstyle

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

love the preppyness of that jacket! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

agus said...

Your jacket is fabulous! I love the way you look like - very sweet but not too sweet, because of the colours - perfect combination!

Rachel said...

love the swing jacket! agreed, they are generally hard to do well, but that one is perf.

this weekend, i am escaping going to palm springs (a campaign i'm working on is co-sponsoring "music loves fashion" at the riviera). i know it's going to be fantastic, but i'm so burned out that a long weekend lying in the sand in the promised 80-degree l.a. sun sounds even better.

jasmine said...

very cute outfit! aren't paige jeans the best??

noone said...

oooh classy and adorable outfit!

Angela said...

the black swing jacket is cute. i like the layering look.

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I love the swing jacket - especially the sleeves! And anything with stripes looks so sophisticated and fun!

Bisous,
La C.

Anonymous said...

You continue to inspire me!! LOVE the swing jacket on you. Have been struggling with what to wear to a local designer runway show tomorrow, so am now pulling out an 80s Betsey Johnson dress from back-o-the-closet. Love to Coco for the great writing as well. (-:

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Thanks for stopping by =]

Hm... summer vacation plans. I have nothing as of now, but I do wish summer would come sooner!

Bisous,
La C.

Unknown said...

you look so chic. i love the striped top too. hihi.

have a lovely day, btw yup kagagaling lang namin sa baguio. It's always so nice there.

Kelly said...

i think your outfit is adorable!

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet, i like the colours

http://balmainbazaar.blogspot.com/

tanya said...

i just love how you put together outfits. ALWAYS so chic and elegant!

You Are My Fave said...

Oh, a perfect combo. Love it.

Unknown said...

thanks for the lovely comment! you look perfect to me. i've always been looking for a cute swing jacket too-- adds the right touch of utilitarian chic to any outfit!


much love


eden
http://chicinthetropics.blogspot.com

Maxie said...

love the bally flats!!!

starbrained said...

Thank you for the comment!
Black and white is one of my favorite combos.
I am saving this summer for a long visit to Scotland (hopefully) next summer!

Michelle Schraudner said...

I love these flats. They'd be so perfect for so many summer occasions.

Lisa said...

You look so chic!

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute! totally something i would wear too!
xoxo

isabelle said...

I love the styling you look just sooooo chic! Love it! :)

kadler said...

A couple of thoughts:

1. I love the mixing prints!
2. I totally think cuffs are coming back in. Keep it up!
3. You look awesome.

Shopping Resources

Mango French Connection Limited Exclusive Deals on Designer Brands, Accessories, and Home Decor from BeyondtheRack.com. Invitation Code: HOLIDAY2012 - 234x60 DERMAdoctor Skincare LT - 090909 - 120x90 Logo 1-800-PetMeds