Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Outfit Inspiration: Summer at Work

Dressing for work everyday is often a hassle for me. I stand there in the middle of our walk-in and complain about how I have a closet full of clothes with nothing to wear. Of course it is not true.

Over the last year or so I have gained weight – I used to be a size 0 and I am now a size 2/4. I blame it to my GG’s delicious cooking LOL. Please don’t get me wrong – I am not complaining. In fact I liked the weight I put on since I look so much healthier. However, this is the reason for me not finding anything to wear. My jeans are all tight now, my skirts go up when I walk and my dresses fit like Herve Leger’s bandage dresses. So, I need to update my wardrobe, starting with my work outfits:
  1. French Connection Summer Spot Jacquard Dress. It is lightweight and perfect for work worn with pumps and dressed up with stilettos and multiple gold and silver bangles for a night out. 
  2.    
  3. French Connection LA Story Trousers. These pants go well with any top. A printed bat wing top, nude open toe pumps, wood colored bracelets and patent notebook will be very chic for work. For a date night, toss on a glittered tank, multiple wood colored bracelets and heeled strappy sandals.


Oh, and no, I am NOT on a diet. =))

xoxo,
T

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hehe we should all be so lucky and happy in love that we put on a few bliss-induced pounds. :-) I think it's a great idea to update your wardrobe when your clothes don't fit. After all, there's no sense in letting your wardrobe make you feel bad for changes in your body! But you should hang on to your clothes for just a little bit. I know from reading your blog that you have a lot of beautiful things, and hey, for all you know this could just be a temporary weight fluctuation and you might be able to wear your clothes again. (I speak from firsthand experience here. Last summer my weight went waay up and I was about 127-130 lbs. I bought new tops and jeans that were a bit roomier. But since then I've returned to my normal weight range of 115-117 lbs without dieting at all and now I'm glad I didn't cast off all my clothes!)

Little Bow Prep said...

Darling looks!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

So much eye candy I don't know where to look! Gorgeous sets!

Shopping Resources

Mango French Connection Limited Exclusive Deals on Designer Brands, Accessories, and Home Decor from BeyondtheRack.com. Invitation Code: HOLIDAY2012 - 234x60 DERMAdoctor Skincare LT - 090909 - 120x90 Logo 1-800-PetMeds